- I just ate banana bread for dinner
- No bed time
- Ability to show up or not show up for things - including day to day life
- At any moment - I can change my mind and be a painter - a baker - a candlestick maker?
- Ability to follow the latest craze and not look like too much of an idiot - Zumba, boyfriend style jeans, blazers over ironic t-shirts, one thousand bracelets on your arm, etc.
- The ability to relocate without uprooting anyone else’s life.
- Having young kids think you are still cool - and your parents friends as well.
- Having the free time to read a book… or attempt to write one
- My Mom isn’t here to tell me it’s not OK to eat banana bread for dinner.
- Lack of sleep
- Spending too much of the last month in doors
- Lack of direction and focus
- Looking like a dumb trendy idiot.
- Subletting - renting - first last and security.. lack of roots
- The fact that you are far enough from being really young that your parent’s friends think you are cool.
- Never finishing a book - the ones you read and the one you “write”
Being twenty-five is like being all and nothing at the same time. I have a feeling when I am 30 I will miss being 25. I sure do miss being 20.